Jimmy´s Hall Review

I think that the life of Jimmy Gralton it is a really great story but I am not sure if I really liked the film. I liked that is a historical film based on true events, but I found it a little slow and lack of tension or drama. I think that if the story is so powerful I should have feel that too while I was watching the movie so that’s a thing I didn’t like.

My favorite character was Marie. Although she wasn’t too prominent in the story, the scenes in which she appeared helped to understand that the people, who followed Jimmy’s ideas, were just people that wanted to live like free human beings.

One thing I really liked was the setting for the film. The landscapes, the buildings and the clothes of the actors were a perfect tool for representing the Irish post civil war era.

My favorite scene was when the officers went to arrest Jimmy at his home. I loved when the mother asks to the officers to let her say goodbye to her son and she pretended to lose the key so Jimmy could escape. I liked because the mother looked like a sweet and inoffensive grandmother but she was cleverer than the group of men. 









Comentarios