Best Concert Ever: Foals 2016
One of the best concert experiences that I’ve had
was when I saw Foals last year at La Cúpula Theatre.
Foals are an English indie rock band from
Oxford, formed in 2005. They’ve been recognised as one of the top UK live acts,
having won the 2013 Q Award for Best Live; they’ve been a very big influence
for indie bands, and they’ve released four studio albums, being the last one What Went Down (2015), which was the
album that they were to show on that concert.
I had already saw Foals in concert before, at
Lollapalooza (2013), but this second time was special. I remember that I bought
the ticket at the beginning of 2015 with my friend Pato, who was a big fan of
Foals too. We bought the ticket in a music store with a very unpleasant guy as
seller.
The date of the concert was 11th October
2015, but during that same tour Yannis Philippakis, the lead singer had to stop
singing because he had a problem with his vocal cords. So we had to wait for
the new date for the concert and finally we saw Foals in October 2016.
After more than a year of waiting, Pato and I
were so anxious that we decided to see the show on front row. The crowd was very
excited and in the middle of the show the barrier that separated the band from
the public collapsed and the musicians had to ask to the people to calm down.
But that didn’t happen so we kept jumping and singing, we touched Yannis when
he got close to us and we ended both sweaty and exhausted but we had a very fun
and good time. Foals it’s not my favorite band but that concert was crazy and
we waited for it for a long time.
Here's a video recorded by me:




Comentarios
Publicar un comentario